Monday 18 August 2008

M.I.A GETS ACCUSED OF BEING A TERRORIST???????


According to EURweb, Sri Lankan/American artist DeLon is making serious allegations against fellow Sri Lankan rapper M.I.A.

DeLon has claimed that M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes" video includes imagery from terrorist group The Liberation Tiger Tamils of Eelam (LTTE), a group that is considered to be one of the most dangerous terrorist groups by the FBI.

DeLon even posted a remix of "Paper Planes" on YouTube; the remix featured evidence of M.I.A.'s use of images and symbols from the LTTE, but was later taken down by Universal Music Group because of the possible damage it could bring to M.I.A.'s reputation.

As a result of the video being taken down by Universal Music Group, DeLon plans on suing Universal for infringement against his rights to freedom of speech.

M.I.A. recently fired back at DeLon with this statement, "I don't support terrorism and never have. As a Sri Lankan that fled war and bombings, my music is the voice of the civilian refugee. Frankly, I am not trying to start dialogue with someone who is really just seeking self-promotion."

No comments: