Thursday, 20 August 2009
DJ MK VOL 10 - BOOTLEGGED IN JAPAN - 1996
Right, let's take it back to the summer of 1996. I called this tape "Bootlegged in Japan" simply because I found out that my mixtapes were being bootlegged on a big scale in Japan. I really realised this when I was working in Handspun records (went on to be Deal Real) one afternoon and a group of 10 Japanese tourists came in. They looked at me really strangely, and then they all started to take off their baseball caps for me to sign...Luckily my homeboy DJ GO was in the shop and he was able to translate. He told me that they all bought my last 3 mixtapes and they wanted my autographs....
USELESS FACTS ABOUT THIS MIXTAPE:
* 1ST DJMK MIXTAPE TO HAVE SHOUTS
* LAST DJMK MIXTAPE TO BE RECORDED LIVE AND NOT WITH A 4-TRACK
* MY 1ST MIXTAPE THAT WAS SOLD IN THE STATES
* FIRST DJMK MIXTAPE TO HAVE A MAJOR LABEL ARTIST FREESTYLING ON IT (MAD SKILLZ)
* THE MAD SKILLZ FREESTYLE SESSION LASTED FOR AN HOUR
* THIS MIXTAPE WAS ALSO BOOTLEGGED IN JAPAN
*LAST DJMK MIXTAPE NOT TO BE PRESSED UP ON ACTUAL CLEAR TAPES
* WHEN THIS MIXTAPE CAME OUT, I DIDNT LIKE IT.
MUCH PROPS TO LET THE BRAINZ BLO