Sunday 27 September 2009

ROC RAIDA RIP PT2

Roc Raida was a guy i really looked up to in the game, not only one of the best dj's, but a really cool guy. I first met Raida in 1995 in Subterania in Ladbroke Grove where he was djing for AG from Show Biz and AG fame. I remember he was selling his mix tapes after the gig for £10. I gave him some advice, that it might be better to sell them for £5 as £10 was way too much. He did, and sold all 100 of them. What i loved about Raida was that he was soooo laid back. He'd be doing some crazy juggle , and he'd make it look so easy, as if it was nothing.

Check out this mix from 1994 he did on Funk Flexs show. I remember i got this tape from my homeboy Dj Weston in Leeds back in the day. Props to Step one for posting it on his blog...Gonna dig out the mix Radia did for me on Kiss 3 years ago


ROC RAIDA LIVE WITH FUNK MASTER FLEX 1994

No comments: