Sunday 11 October 2009

MICHAEL JACKSON SANG BACKING VOCALS ON JAY Z'S "GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS

Apparently, Jay-Z said in the new issue of NME, that Michael Jackson sang backup vocals on “Girls, Girls, Girls.”

“He was on my song ‘Girls, Girls, Girls’, singing these background vocals and I didn’t even put his name on it.”

Though the comments over at XXL are calling bullshit, I don’t think it’s too far fetched. Jay-Z laid a verse down on MJ’s “You Rock My World” which was done around the same time as The Blueprint and the two icons also shared a stage during 2001’s Summer Jam.

I went back and listened to the song and though the background vocals sample Tom Brock’s “There’s Nothing In This World That Can Stop Me From Loving You,” it is quite possible that MJ laid some vocals on top of the sample. If it is indeed the case, this puts a whole new spin on the Blueprint classic and will forever change the way we listen to the song.

Shout's to KN

No comments: